Employer Newsletter July 2024

Employer Newsletter Featured Banner

Welcome to the Newsletter

Hello, LAAT Employers! Welcome to first edition of the LAAT newsletter, your hub for all things apprenticeship related.

We’re excited to bring you the latest updates, events, and insights from our training programs. Let’s dive into what’s happening in the month of July 2024.

Apprenticeship News Update : Co-Investments

From April 2024, the government will fully fund apprenticeships for non-levy paying employers hiring apprentices aged 16 to 21. This removes the 5% co-investment requirement for these employers, making it more affordable for SMEs to take on apprentices.

Key Term of the Month : Co-Investments

In UK apprenticeships, co-investment means that employers share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with the government. Currently, employers contribute 5% towards the cost of apprenticeship training, while the government covers the remaining 95% up to the funding band limit for that apprenticeship. This arrangement aims to encourage more employers to invest in developing skilled workers through apprenticeship programs.

20% Of the Job Idea as Employer Arrangement:

Mentoring and Coaching: Pairing apprentices with experienced mentors or coaches provides invaluable support and guidance throughout their apprenticeship journey. Mentors can share their knowledge, provide feedback on performance, offer career advice, and help apprentices navigate challenges they encounter in their roles.

Bridges Disposition Graph

Brdiges Dispositions Focus – Intergrity

Integrity involves honesty,strong moral principles, and consistency in actions. An example of integrity is Nelson Mandela, who stood by his principles of equality and justice, even spending 27 years in prison, before leading South Africa to end apartheid and become its first black president.

If you want to find out more about NelsonMandela then check outthe following article:


Programme Spotlight – Early Years

Overview of the role – Early years jobs involve caring for and educating children aged 0-5. Practitioners plan activities and ensure safety, while leaders manage teams and settings. Teachers and child minders deliver educational programs, and managers ensure everything runs smoothly. Specialized roles support children with special needs.

Courses LAAT offer in Early Years

  • Early Years Practitioner Level 2
  • Early Years Educator Level 3
  • Early Years Lead practitioner level 5

General workday in Early Years

A typical day in a nursery starts with children being welcomed and settling in with free play. Throughout the day, there are structured activities like arts and crafts, story time, and outdoor play, as well as scheduled meals and nap times. In the afternoon, children engage in more activities or free play until parents pick them up. The focus is on keeping children engaged, learning, and safe.

This video talks through a typical day for a child in EYFS at Olympic Primary School:

Employee Spotlight: A Unique Apprenticeship Journey

After graduating from Middlesex University and working in digital advertising, Sophie pursued their passion for educationwith an Early Years Education apprenticeship inOctober 2020. They adapted to the pandemic by delivering online services and engaging families. Strong managerial support made this rewarding career change possible, highlighting the value of apprenticeships and encouraging others to follow their passion. Click on this link to find out more :


Apprenticeship News Centre


The article celebrates the growing popularity and effectiveness of apprenticeships in the UK. It highlights their benefits for individuals and businesses, emphasizing government support and expanding opportunities.

Safeguarding Focus – Recognition

Safeguarding focuses on protecting individuals, especially children and vulnerable adults,from harm and abuse. Recognition involves identifying signs of abuse, neglect, or exploitation early through vigilance, training, and awareness, ensuring prompt and appropriate action istaken to ensure safety and well-being.


Q: How can I find apprenticeship funding?

A: Apprenticeship funding in the UK follows a co-investment model where employers contribute a percentage towards training costs, and the government covers the rest up to a funding cap. More details and funding calculators are available on GOV.UK.

Thank You for Reading

That wraps up this months newsletter! We hope you find it informative and engaging. If you have any questions or suggestions for future editions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Download the Full Newsletter PDF by Clicking here.